• 1 cup dates – fresh or dried. If dried you may need to soak them in a little water first.
• ½ cup walnuts
• 2 tsp cocoa powder
• ½ tsp vanilla essence
• Coconut powder/ desiccated coconut – for rolling
1. Chop the dates and put them in a blender. Blend to a very thick paste. A little water can be added if necessary.
2. Grind the walnuts to a powder.
3. Mix together the walnuts, dates, vanilla and cocoa in a bowl.
4. Knead together lightly.
5. Roll teaspoonfuls into balls and roll in coconut.
* Any kind of dried fruits and nuts can be used. Some dried fruits may need to be soaked. Cocoa and are essences can be used if desired. Fruit juices such as orange juice can also be used but the balls should be eaten within a few days. Some examples are apricot and coconut balls or fig, raisin and cashew balls. Its up to you to experiment.