• 3 medium sized potatoes – raw and cut into 1 cm cubes
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• 1 Tbsp oil
• Salt to taste
• Peanuts – whole - 2 tsp or to taste
• 2 pinch asafoetida
• Fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat the pan and add the oil. When it’s hot add the cumin seeds then the potato. Fry for a few minutes then cover for a few more minutes.
2. When half cooked add the asafoetida and salt and cook for a few more minutes until the potato is cooked.
3. Garnish with coriander.
4. To make it healthier decrease the oil and add a little water when cooking the potatoes.