This sweet is very much like a form of banana jam. This is not a regular at the ashram but it is a nice simple dish to prepare when you want a sweet.
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ cup water
• 8 chopped bananas
• 1 cup grated coconut – fresh or dried
• One handful of dried fruits such as sultanas/raisins
• ½ tsp cardamom powder
• Sliced pistachio and cashew pieces to garnish
1. In a saucepan combine the sugar with the water. Place over a low heat until it bubbles.
2. Add bananas, coconut and dried fruit.
3. Cook over low heat until it boils.
4. Add cardamom, sliced pistachios and cashew pieces.