• 10 green mangoes
• 125gms brown mustard seeds - ground
• 12gms asafoetida
• 125gms chilli powder – or less according to taste
• 12gms fenugreek seeds
• 125gms salt
• 125mls peanut oil
• 12 gms turmeric
1. Wash and dry the mangoes. Chop mango into pieces - remove seeds
2. Add all the ingredients except the oil to the mango pieces.
3. Clean and dry a container and sprinkle it with salt.
4. Put the mango mixture inside.
5. Heat the oil and then let it cool again.
6. Add the cooled oil to the mango.
7. Sprinkle a little more salt on top of the pickle.
8. Cover the container and leave it for 2 days.
9. Again open and stir well. Ready to eat.
* Will last a long time in a sealed container*