This is a very popular chutney in the ashram – people drink it like a soup! It is a good accompaniment to idli, dosa, parathas, thalipeeth etc.
• ½ cup coconut – finely ground, fresh or dried
• 4 tsp yogurt – more if you prefer
• Salt and sugar to taste
• Fresh, chopped coriander to taste
• 1 tsp oil
• ½ tsp mustard seeds
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• ½ tsp coriander powder
• 5-6 curry leaves
• Water to required consistency.
1. Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds.When they pop add the cumin seeds, coriander and curry leaves.
2. Mix the yogurt, coconut and coriander in a separate bowl.
3. Add the spices, sugar and salt plus a little water, depending on how liquid you want it to be.
Variation – add mint instead of coriander leaves or use ground curry leaves.
• Can also add 2-3 tsp or to taste roasted peanut powder or ground roasted chana dal.