• 1 cup chick pea flour/besan flour
• 1 tomato
• ½ cup vegetables - chopped into one cm pieces - such as corn, peas, carrot, green beans
• 2 cups water
• ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• Pinch asafoetida
• 4-5 curry leaves
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• ½ tsp coriander powder
• ½ onion - optional
• 2 tablespoons oil
• Fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they pop add the cumin then onion if using. Cook till brown then add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
2. Add salt, tomato and other vegetables. You may need to add some vegetables earlier if they take longer to cook.
3. In a separate bowl mix the chick pea flour with the water, removing any lumps.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the vegetables, stirring continuously.
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the mixture starts to brown at the bottom and there is no beany/raw taste.
*More water can be added for a more liquid dish or less water for a more scrambled egg consistency.