• 500gms wheat flour
• ½ tsp dry coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• Pinch of salt
• 2-3 Tbsp oil
• Water: just enough to make the dough stick
1. Make the dough by combining all the ingredients together and kneading until soft. The dough should be soft and smooth.
2. Prepare one inch balls of dough, flatten and roll out thinly like the chapatti method. The size of the poori will vary depending on your preference. In the ashram they are generally about 10 cm when cooked but some people prefer larger ones.
3. Deep fry in fresh, hot oil until brown. The poori will puff up when fried.
• Tomatoes – blend them and use the liquid instead of water to make the dough.
• Any vegetables can be used in pooris just like parathas.
• Any spices can be used or no spices at all.