• 3 cups chopped vegetables such as cabbage, carrot, potato, broccoli, sweet corn, green pepper,green beans, okra, tomato etc
• 2 tsp grated ginger
• 1 tsp oil
• ¼ tsp asafoetida
• 1 Tbsp (or to taste) soy sauce
• Salt and sugar to taste
• Fresh herbs – such as coriander leaves, mint leaves or basil leaves
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the asafoetida and ginger. Fry for 30 seconds.
2. Add the vegetables that need to cook the longest such as potato and carrot. Fry for a minute and then add a little water, cover and simmer until half cooked.
3. Add the remaining vegetables such as tomato, sweet corn and green pepper. Add the soy sauce, sugar and salt. Cover and simmer till almost cooked.
4. Remove the lid and fry for a few more minutes.
5. Add the fresh herbs and leave a few minutes for the herbs to blend with the vegetables.
• Any vegetables can be used plus marinated tofu, sprouted beans and/or nuts can be added.
• Cooked rice or noodles can be added to turn it into a complete meal.