- 6 tomatoes (ripe and medium size)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp jaggery
- 2 Tbsp coconut – fresh or dried
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
1. Boil the tomatoes whole for ten minutes.
2. Strain, keeping the water, and blend the tomatoes.
3. Heat oil then add cumin, asafoetida and curry leaves.
4. Add tomatoes and one cup of the reserved water. If a thicker or thinner soup is required then adjust the amount of water. Boil for ten minutes.
5. Add jaggery, coconut, salt and coriander.