• ½ cup wheat flour
• ½ mung flour - if not available use chick pea flour or only wheat flour
• 2 Tbsp oil plus 2 tsp
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ mustard seeds
• ¼ cumin seeds
• 2 pinch asafoetida
• 6-7 curry leaves
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• ¼ tsp coriander powder
• 2 cups chopped vegetables such as pumpkin, carrot, potato etc
• 2 handfuls mung dal
• 4 cups water
• 2 tsp jaggery/brown sugar
• ½ Tbsp tamarind or one chopped tomato
• Salt to taste
• Coconut - grated
• Coriander leaves
1. To make the dough mixture mix wheat flour and mung flour together plus salt. Add 2 Tbsp of oil. Add water and knead until contents become medium soft.
2. Separate a handful of dough, roll it thinly and cut into squares.
3. To make the lentil and vegetable mixture heat 2 tsp oil then add mustard seeds. When they pop add cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. Then add turmeric and coriander powder.
4. Add chopped vegetables, mung dal then the water (may need to add more water later).Cook the mung dal and vegetables until almost fully cooked.
5. Add jaggery, tamarind or tomato and salt. Cook for a few more minutes. Once the curry starts to boil, add slices of dough and continue cooking till everything is cooked – the dough, mung and vegetables.
6. Add fresh or dry grated coconut and coriander leaves.