means horse, in this asana a similar movement of expansion and
contraction of anus of horse is expected. To achieve maximum
movements a specific position is taken which is called 'Ashwini
Position - Sarvangasana position.
both the legs in knees.
Fold the legs in waist and press the thighs against stomach.
Contract and expand the anus in this position.
Continue normal breathing.
should start practicing this asana when stability in Sarvangasana
is achieved. As for the position complete folding of legs in
knees and waist is very important. Similarly the calves should
touch the thighs. Do not bend the back during the position.
Bending of back brings knees close to the mouth and that is
contraction and expansion of the anus.
Straighten the legs in the waist.
Straighten the legs in the knees and take the Sarvangasana.
It should be maintained for up to 45 seconds, and can be increased
to 2 minutes.
Mudra has particularly good effects on the empty spaces in the
stomach. Due to the pressure functioning of these parts is improved.
It also has good effects on Uterus in women.
healthy person can practice this asana but women suffering from
Uterus problems should do this asana under expert observation.
Raise the entire back & buttocks off the ground.
- Legs are bent in knees and knees are just above the head or
towards the ears so that the back remains straight & vertical.
- Try pressing the thighs in to abdomen and chest.
- Hands, upper arm & elbows on the ground while supporting
the back behind chest.
- Shoulders resting on the ground.
- The chin resting in the sternal notch. (In Chin lock position)
Don’t bend the back.
- Don’t let the knees come to the ground or away from
- Do not move the neck or overstrain it in chin lock position.