• 1 cup steamed rice
• 1 Tbsp oil
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• Salt to taste
• 1 potato - sliced
1. Fry the slices of potato in oil until brown and drain.
2. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds.
3. When they brown add the rice, salt and potato and fry for 10 minutes.
• If you want a healthier version then steam the potato instead of frying it. Plus add a pinch of turmeric for colour and a pinch of mustard seeds after heating the oil. Or follow one of the other vegetable rice recipes and use potato instead.
• Sweet corn and/or peas also taste good in this recipe.