• 2 cups mashed potato
• 1 cup wheat flour
• 1 cup mung dal flour - or chick pea flour etc
• 1/2 tsp mustard sds
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp coriander pdr
• 1/2 tsp grated ginger
• 7-8 curry leaves
• pinch of asafoetida
• 2 - 3 Tbsp oil
• Sugar (optional)
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Prepare the dough of wheat and mung dal flour by adding a tsp of oil and enough water to make a firm dough.
2. Heat a tsp of the oil, then add mustard seeds. When they pop add the ginger, cumin, coriander, asafoetida, curry leaves and sugar.
3. Add the mashed potatoes and mix together. Cool. Add lemon juice.
4. Roll the potato mixture into balls and place in the middle of a ball of dough. Pinch the dough around the mixture.
5. Carefully roll the dough in a circular or triangle shape.
6. Cook on a tawa or frying pan with some of the oil for a few minutes on each side.