• 2 cups cauliflower – cut into florets
• 2 medium sized potatoes - cut in cubes
• 1 tsp oil
• ½ tsp mustard seeds
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• 5-6 curry leaves
• Pinch turmeric - optional
• 1 tsp grated ginger
• Fresh coriander leaves
• Salt to taste
• Fresh or dried coconut – shredded
• Lemon juice – to taste
1. Heat the oil then add the mustard seeds. When they pop add the remaining spices and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add the cauliflower and potato plus a little water, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until almost cooked. Take off the lid and fry until the vegetables are cooked and the water has evaporated. Add coconut, salt, coriander leaves and lemon juice.