- 3 cups pumpkin - chopped in 1-2 cm pieces
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch asafoetida
- 5-6 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 inch piece dry tamarind fruit (soaked in hot water) or 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 Tbsp - dry, ground coconut
- 2 Tbsp roasted ground peanut
- Salt and brown sugar or jaggery to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When they pop add the cumin, fenugreek, asafoetida, ginger, curry leaves and fennel. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin and salt.
- Add the tamarind paste or water with pulp inside. Add the jaggery or brown sugar.
- Add ground coconut and peanut powder. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add fresh chopped coriander.
Optional - you can add ½ cup sprouted beans at the time of cooking the pumpkin.
Back to Recipe Menu