- 1 cup chick pea flour/besan flour
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup vegetables - chopped into one cm pieces - such as corn, peas, carrot, green beans
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch asafoetida
- 4-5 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ onion - optional
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they pop add the cumin then onion if using. Cook till brown then add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add salt, tomato and other vegetables. You may need to add some vegetables earlier if they take longer to cook.
- In a separate bowl mix the chick pea flour with the water, removing any lumps.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the vegetables, stirring continuously.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the mixture starts to brown at the bottom and there is no beany/raw taste.
*More water can be added for a more liquid dish or less water for a more scrambled egg consistency.
Back to Recipe Menu