Accomodation and Food
Venue of Course - Vishwa Yoga Darshan is the perfect place for you to practice yoga and live healthy life style. It is situated in the mountain range of Sahyadri. The ashram is surrounded by fascinating landscapes and natural beauty. It is an ideal location away from the city and stressful modern life.
The new ashram has become popular as it offers a stress free Yoga lifestyle in a natural environment. The ashram is in the vicinity of Lord Trimbakeshwara, one of the 12 most important and auspicious Shiva Temples in India. Lord Shiva is the origin of Yoga Tradition and this makes the location of the ashram more significant. Millions of devotees visit the Shiva temple annually. The surrounding mountains are considered heaven for Yogis, allowing them to perform Yoga & Mediation practices.
(Photos taken at Yoga Vidya Gurukul, Vishwa Yoga Darshan, Trimbak, Nasik, Maharashtra, India)
Lodging And Boarding
Yoga & Meditation facilities, medical facilities including emergency services are also provided. Herbal treatment to various problems is also provided to the students.
Lodging / Accomodation
The ashram provides lodging facilities to students. A student is provided with an independent compartment in a house. Every house has 4 compartments. A bed, mattress, blankets, sheets and pillow are also provided, the house is self contained with an attached toilet block.
Hot water is available for 24 hours in every bathroom.
An independent wardrobe with a locker with key is provided to every student.
A laundry service is available in the ashram at cost (The Ashram includes washing machines & hot air dryers.)
Clean and simple arrangements are provided.
We are not registered with Yoga Alliance.
Note - Staying arrangements for Ladies and Gents are different.
Number of Students Per Batch Are About 30
- The Kitchen serves pure organic vegetarian food in accordance with the yogic life style.
- The food is non spicy, non oily, rich in raw vegetables, and low in fat..
- The daily diet consists of various seasonal fruits and vegetables, lentils, various beans, whole wheat and whole grains, oats, rice, fresh organic soya milk and organic cow milk.
- Herbal drinks are provided instead of tea and coffee. Ayurveda herbs help strengthen various systems in the body and increase strength and efficiency.
- The food supplied is strictly organic and minimally processed. We place great emphasis on maintaining a highly nutritional and balanced diet.
- The diet is suitable for all, however if a student has any allergies or problems then their needs will be catered for to the best of availability.
Water - We provide mineral / purified water to all our students for drinking purposes.
Note - Complete silence is maintained in the dining room during the meals.
A good collection of books in the library is a valuable resource to aspiring Yoga students. It includes various books on Yoga, Meditation, Tantra, Vedas, Upanishadas, Indian philosophies, Ayurveda, naturopathy etc.
Personal guidance for medical problems using Yoga Techniques, Herbals and Ayurveda techniques is available for all the students.
The store provides the following services at cost
- Books and CD's on Yoga
- Various Yoga Accessories (Including mats, T Shirts etc.)
- Soaps, shampoos, Stationary, Incense sticks
- Medicines, Mosquito repellents
- Foreign currency exchange
- Assistance in Train / Flight reservations
- International Phone call facility
Note - We do not have Internet facility in the ashram. Internet is available in Nasik city, on the weekly off when students can go to town. Internet is available on cell phones and other wireless internet devices as there is reception of all cell / mobile phone companies.
Please refer to the FAQ page if you have any further questions.
What to Bring?
Clothing - Loose & comfortable clothes for summer & warm ones for winter. Note - You are kindly requested to wear T-shirts / shirts covering the shoulders and long pants below the knees.
Receipt of Online registration fee (If you have paid it via Internet payment gateway)
Photos - 4 passport size photos & 4 photocopies of your passport and Indian visa.
Valuables - You can bring valuables at YOUR OWN RISK. A laptop may be useful but we are not responsible for any loss or damages. Lockers are supplied where you can keep your valuables safely. The Ashram has its own secutiry service.
Yoga Mats - Please bring your own mats. You can buy mats in the shop. Also Ashram can provide mats at No extra cost.
Miscellaneous - Your own medicines & personal toileteries.
Rules And Regulation of Ashram
Rules for Participants
Please note that you are entering an Yoga Ashram, which is a new experience. The rules should be followed so as to get the maximum benefit of this environment and make your experience more enjoyable.
Yoga is a discipline of body, mind and spirit. Keeping in view, the rules and regulations are made to enhance the quality of the mind. They are a part of the Yogic lifestyle.
- After the admission, participants cannot leave the campus (except for 1 weekly off). In case of emergency, written permission from the Course Coordinator is required.
- No friends or relatives are allowed to stay with the participants without any prior permission.
- Alcohol, tobacco or other drugs / steriods / smoking etc are strictly not allowed in the Ashram Premises during the stay in the ashram. (This behaviour may invite strict action against the persons violating this rule.)
- For getting the best results from the practice of yoga, the course schedule and diet is specifically organised; the participants are requested to adjust to this environment as quickly as possible.
- Participants must follow the timetable and attend all sessions, lectures and other activities.
- Please don't bring valuables, if necessary Yoga Vidya Dham can keep them safely for you during the course.
- If you are physically unwell, you are requested to contact the Resident Medical Officer immediately.,
- You can bring your medicines and continue personal treatment but it is advisable to inform the medical officer or your class teacher about your ailment & treatment.
- In the case of major health problems initial treatment will be provided by the medical officer. Any further treatment required during the course will have to be managed from external medical experts on your own.
- Necessary food arrangements are made in the institute and no external food is allowed. The food in the institute is strictly vegetarian. To experience the good effects of the Yogic lifestyle please do not have anything from outside to eat.
- There is complete silence during the meals.
- Seva Yoga / Karma Yoga is practiced for 1 hour a day.
Course Coordinator reserves the right to enforce any other necessary rules as well as the above rules.
What is seva yoga / Karma yoga?
Seva is serving others and helping others with compassion. Serving is not for personal gratification but to uplift others. Seva is an offering. When an action contains your best thoughts and feelings, your love and affection, sympathy and compassion, and when it uplifts others, that is seva. In the course of time seva becomes a way of life. Living for others becomes a way of life, not living for oneself. Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati